Page Faults

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by OlderMan, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi OlderMan

1- in the internet filter tab, put an exclamation mark, third column, to each rule in your rule set in order to have an entry for all rules applied...

2- make a copy of your log and upload it here

3- make a copy of the rules set file, rename it by adding a .TXT and the end. Upload it here.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Just to avoid any misunderstanfing: PML is not creating directly PF's. This application is just opening a socket every 6 or 7 seconds (as you said) and this is causing Look 'n' Stop to display/remove an icon in the Application Filtering page, and this creates several PF's. HP can't do anything about that (except explaining why a socket is created every 6 / 7 seconds).
    As said by the other person, having PF's is not systematically a problem.
    No I don't exactly what they could be. If the system is anyway working well (no special occurence of application not connecting) then you can simply ignore them.

Frederic

3. OlderMan

OlderMan Registered Member

I never thought for a second that it was due to LnS, I just wanted to figure out what was going on and if LnS could stop all the PF's or even ignore what turned out to be the PML driver.

I have tried just about every software firewall out there and deleted all of them and REinstalled LnS ! It is here to stay !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.