P2P where do I run this ??

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by stevwolf, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevwolf

stevwolf Registered Member

I have computer that will not boot. I see the windows 2003 window for a second then it reboots.

I dont know if its becasuse IM using a new Raid card or not, (the old one died)

So I thought that p2p might be the answer, to add new drivers to OS.

But IM confused on its use. I have read the pdf regarding the use of it but its not clear.
    Do I run the p2p add the new drivers then do a backup,

Do i backup the original system restore to a new system then run the p2p and it just adds the drivers to the new system.

Can I run it on an old system eg. the system needs new raid drivers , run p2p on existing system and it just automatically installs them on the existing system , reboot and your done.

Anybody know the answers to these?
    Thanks

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

How to add drivers:

1) Create WinPE Recovery CD
    2) Prepare required drivers for new hardware:
    * find drivers for your Windows version.
    * unpack them if needed (there should be only *.inf, *.cat, *.sys files. If driver is packed as *.exe or *.zip - it should be unpacked)
    * save then to any removable drive
    3) Boot from WinPE CD and run P2P Adjust
    * Select Manual way and point the wizard to prepared drivers. It will show if they are compatible with your OS and Hardware.
    Step-by-step instructions for P2P Adjust could be found in User Manual of your product.

3. stevwolf

stevwolf Registered Member

Thanks for your answer.
    I have read the instructions but where Im confused is do I run the cd from the computer that HAS BEEN RESTORED to run P2P on.

In other words.

I backup computer OLD, I restore it onto computer NEW.
    Do I boot from CD on Computer NEW then run P2P on the New computer and this will install the drivers onto the NEW comptuers Hard disk. So that now it can boot with raid drivers already installed on the NEW computer.

Clear ??

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Yes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.