Outpost Security Suite on Win 7 64bit

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Seven64, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Since Online Armor was asked this, only fair to find out about Outpost Security Suite on Win 7 64bit.
    Thanks.

2. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Very informative :rolleyes:

3. guest

guest Guest

I have used it on win7x64 I found that the UI was more responsive than OA UI.

But I would say that in general Comodo, OA or Spyshelter (if you are looking for an HIPS) have a more little impact in the computer performance than Outpost even disabling the antispyware module.
    Although Outpost has some cool features.

I didn't notice any relevant problem in any of them.

But what do you wanna know exactly?

4. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    Is the protection as good or close to 32bit?
    Just looking for a great firewall for 7 64bit, besides the built in windows firewall. (Most bang for the buck :D ) Not very interested in Comodo.

5. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

did you try private firewall?:)

6. guest

guest Guest

I don't know about Outpost HIPS on x64 but it should be quite close to the 32 bit version, Comodo 5.8 is the first HIPS offering the same protection on x64 and 32bit operating systems and If you are worried about the popups it has a bigger whitelist than outpost.

PF x64 HIPS os far from being like the x32 version, I have tested it personally.

7. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Sorry to move OT but I've heard this a few times now. Is there an evidence base to support it? If it is evidence based it would be a really positive step but you will have to forgive me being a little cynical as some Comodo claims in the past have been evidenced merely by 'because Melih says it is so it must be true'. Just some links will be fine as I would not want this Outpost thread to disintegrate like the similar OA thread.
    Yes, me too and its a pity because it is by far the lightest I've tried to date.

Thanks

8. guest

guest Guest

I can't find the first source but I know that it has been said directly by a developer, maybe was before the beta started.

http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corne...ta-released-t74771.0.html;msg533514#msg533514

http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corne...ta-released-t74771.0.html;msg533534#msg533534

http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corne...ta-released-t74771.0.html;msg533541#msg533541

If you have any doubt you can pm to "egemen" directly.

9. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.