Outpost Pro Uninstall messy

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Antarctica, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I am a licence owner of Outpost Pro but because it was slowing down my system and also because of BSOD, I decided to uninstall it.

I first closed it, then unchecked it in msconfig, reboot, then uninstall it through Windows uninstaller. I then reboot the PC and run CCleaner.

Well, I found out that it left all kind of keys in the Registry and also when I go in "Administration Tools-Services" I notice that the Outpost Pro Service was still running! :mad:

Anybody experience the same thing and is there any way of getting rid of the running Service o_O

Thanks,

Antarctica

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Antarctica

You should have Disabled it in Options..., before you closed and uninstalled it.

Have you tried Disabling it, Start>all Programs>Administrative Tools>Services>Outpost Firewall Service.

Or Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services>Outpost Firewall Service.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You should be able to manually remove the service by finding it in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services. I don't have Outpost installed, so I don't know the exact service name, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. Just find it and delete the reg key, then reboot. Also, look for all the stuff it puts under Hidden Devices in the Device Manager.. You can delete all those as well (near a dozen or so).

There is also probably a guide for uninstalling Outpost somewhere in the Outpost forum FAQs, or thereabouts..

4. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Kerodo,
    Great advice,thank you. :) It looks I finally got rid of everything
    left behind from Outpost. ;)

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

6. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.