Outpost Pro 4.0.1025.7828

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by greenhorn113, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

Does anyone know if HIPS is incorporated or if Threatfire would be complementary,also running Avast 4.7 Home and SAS on demand.

2. greenhorn113

In case anyone is interested Agnitum have confirmed to me that HIPS is not included.

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

In that case, TF (with default settings) would compliment your set-up.

4. greenhorn113

I guess so but I have uninstalled Outpost Pro due to problems,I will try Comodo new release

5. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Awaiting your feedback :D.

6. greenhorn113

Early days, initially impressive but I have also installed GDATA Antivirus Kit 2007 trial at the same time, maybe not the wisest move and by the time I had to put the laptop away last night had only just managed to install updates, when the pc was crawling but possibly due to 2 new applications getting to know each other a hell of a lot of pop ups from Defence+ re GDATA.
    I should know more tonight when I get home, at least on this work pc much more straight forward with the security not changing although not a program I rate.
    Has anyone else installed Comodo 3 with Defencewall+ and GDATA 2007?, any known conflicts, forewarned is forearmed.o_O

7. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

You should always install the av first. So clean pc mode picks it up.

8. greenhorn113

That would explain a lot,I have un installed both and was wondering on my next course of action, I have licenses to various programs including FSIS 2008 which I tend to reinstall when undecided on programs.
    Tonight I will try installing both programs as you suggest but I had made GDATA a trusted program which appeared to make little difference, I couldn't find an option in the firewall or defence+ to check which programs have been made trusted only how to add oneo_O

9. greenhorn113

Worked a treat cheers but I installed Antivir Personal Edition Premium instead and early days but seem fine together and I have tested the firewall on the usual sites and fully stealthed also hardly any pop ups so far so good and for the record Outlook emails sent and received with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.