Outpost Firewall slowing down my internet speed

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Peter4667, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter4667

Peter4667 Registered Member

Does anyone who is using Outpost Firewall on Windows XP have experienced slow and intermittent download speed when downloading files with programs like Internet Download Manager and Free Download Manager.

I have this problem and i don't know how to fix it. I think it is because of the NDIS driver that the program install but if the driver is the problem i don't know if i can do anything about this.

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Does your download speed improve at all when the download managers are disabled?

3. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Turn off Content Filtering, for the download manager what ever one you use.
    That sped up the downloads for me.

4. Peter4667

Turning off content filtering doesn't help, even if i exit Outpost Firewall completely i still have this problem. Only after uninstalling Outpost Firewall the problem with the download speed disappear. That is why i think this is a problem with the network driver that the program installs. May be it doesn't function properly along with the driver for my network card which is Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter

5. The Red Moon

6. Peter4667

7. The Red Moon

Usually its perfectly safe to remove the shaded out items but if your not certain then disabling them first would be a safe bet.

I found it fixed a networking issue i experienced.

8. Peter4667

I will try to disable some of the network drivers and see what will happen.

The first screenshot i posted is when Outpost Firewall is not installed. This screenshot is when Outpost Firewall is installed:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9836/695d.png

9. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

i noticed this recently too and i thought it was just my internet connection - i have mobile broadband and a poor connection sometimes. also using Outpost Firewall nad Internet Download Manager. before i installed Outpost FW a few months ago the speeds shown on the IDM GUI would update almost instantly but now they will hang for a few secnds sometimes at the same number. i didnt think it was impacting the speeds too much but now im not so sure. i've been using IDM for at least 5 years and hadn't noticed this behavior before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.