Outpost 7 Public Beta Testing Is Underway

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by FirePost, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Getting Closer..Release Candidate 7.0 Is Almost Here!

The public beta program is now in full swing, and we'd like to thank you for the constructive feedback we've received so far! Both criticism and kudos are taken into account even as we enter the final stage before the official release.

The next milestone will be the delivery of the Outpost 7.0 Release Candidate (RC) to the public (an internal release candidate will be made available to Agnitum's beta tester community a little earlier), and that's not going to be long in coming. The scheduled date is in early May. RC will be available in five languages: English, French, German, Russian, and Spanish.

We'll keep you posted regarding availability, but in the meantime, here’s a quick reminder of the main new functionality in version 7 of Outpost Firewall Pro, Outpost Security Suite Pro and Outpost Antivirus Pro:

Application guard prevents sensitive data stored by various Internet-enabled applications such as instant messaging, web browsers, e-mail clients and e-banking software from being compromised. NEW! A whole slew of new AppGuard rules has been added during this public beta stage.
    File and folder lock enables protection of locally-stored assets against corruption, modification or illegal access by other users or malware.
    Real-time file and registry activity provides an invaluable opportunity to inspect system events at close range by monitoring the activity of any given active process and tracking system changes in real time.
    Restored content filter analyzes web content and/or URL addresses for the presence of defined “stop” keywords before a certain page is loaded, steering the user away from suspicious or infective sources on the Internet.

More Info: Agnitum Blog

2. Cvette

Cvette Registered Member

Sadly I wasn't able to run the installer. First, it would not run unless I placed it in XP compatibility mode. Even then the installer crashes half way through :( oh well, I'll wait for the RC!

3. EscapeVelocity

EscapeVelocity Registered Member

I installed it on XP Home SP3. The install was kind of hitchy feeling though. Seems to be running smoothly so far.

4. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I've got it running on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 Ultimate. No problems so far.

5. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

If any of you, beta-testing people, have XP-SP3 on a 32-bit laptop - are you able to cleanly come out of standby (not hibernation), i.e. still be able to use Outlook or a browser or TCPview or any internet enabled application such as cmd > ipconfig? Or do you have to press the Power button to uncrash the computer?

6. EscapeVelocity

Outpost 7 crashed my XP Home SP3. Twice.

7. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

EscapeVelocity,
    Crashed coming out of standby (resume from standby) or some other time?

8. EscapeVelocity

The first time yes. The second time on bootup after being shut down for a couple of days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.