Outlook opens at boot ever since using ais

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ams963, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi. Ever since I started using AIS, the 'Outlook 2007 starter' opens at boot time. I don't use outlook so I have to cancel setup every time. This also increases boot time. What can I do? Is this suppose to happen?

Thanks for any reply.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what is ais? does outlook 2007 ask you to set it up?

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

It is Avast? Maybe disable the antispam for Outlook?

4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@Cudni
    'ais' is Avast Internet Security. And yes, outlook 2007 does ask me to set it.

@xxJackxx
    You sure? Disabling antispam for outlook? I mean I've not touched the default settings. And is it really supposed to open outlook(which actually opens the starter asking me to configure new email account since I've not used it ever) when the computer starts just because Avast Internet Security may be set by default to provide antispam to outlook? I've already posted this on the avast forum but to no avail. No replies at all till now! I have ccleaner and have used in the past to disable any unwanted program to start at boot. And I've reduced my boot time . And I didn't even had to disable outlook because it did not start in boot in the first place, ever. Now there is no program listed in ccleaner as outlook for me to disable. I don't know what to do. It's annoying. Please somebody help.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Am I sure? Not 100%, but if installing Avast started this it had to be something that Avast plugs in to Outlook. Either the antispam or the mail scanner. My assumption is that Avast is trying to load these modules on startup and since Outlook has never been configured it is prompting you to do so. If you can remove or disable any Avast modules for Outlook I would think it should stop.

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@xxJackxx
    You are probably right.

@cudni
    I've checked and outlook is not in startup. And I'll try disabling it.

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

maybe setup outlook with some false info or install TB as you said. Although if you don't use antispam and that resolves the issue....

9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Thanks for all your help and I'll try those and see if it solves the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.