Outlook 2007 error message about Add-in

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by amax, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amax

amax Registered Member

Since installing V3 at home I get this with my IMAP Outlook 2007. Any solutions?

The Add-in "NOD32 Emon" (C:\PROGRA~1\Eset\Emon.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

2. alexsch8

alexsch8 Registered Member

I have also been receiving this error recently in Outlook 2007. I noticed it seems to be happening when an email comes in with many graphic/picture elements.

Anyone else seeing this? I updated to latest version of NOD32 and it is still happening.

3. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

I had the exact same problem.

Uninstalling NOD32 not only hosed my winsock complety causing a full loss of Internet connectivity (try winsockxpfix for that), but also Outlook started complaining about missing NOD32 Emon Add-in.

For Outlook 2007 I had to do this:

1. From Outlook pull-down menus select:
    Tools -> Trust Center -> Add-ins

2. On the Trust Center / Add-ins page, select "Manage Exchange Client Extensions" and Click "Go..."

3. Unselect the "NOD32 EMON" and press "OK"

4. Close and Restart Outlook. No more complaints.

Unfortunately, I don't know where/how to completely remove the remnants of NOD32 EMON from my Outlook configuration, but disabled like instructed above it no longer complains.

I must say that the uninstall experience of NOD32 left a lot be desired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.