Outlook 2007 Emon Add-in

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fogwire, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fogwire

fogwire Registered Member

I've received the same error "The Add-in "NOD32 Emon" cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook"...., since renewing NOD32 on 9/25/07. I've performed the fixes I've found in this forum but I cannot solve the problem. The program worked fine with Outlook 2003 but not Outlook 2007.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

By "fixes" do you mean this post? It didnt help?

3. fogwire

Yes. No it didn't help. I also tried the Security Suite but had the same problem.
    I received a response from Eset and they told me NOD32 wasn't Outlook 2007 compatible but that some members are using it without any problems. They offered no solution except that 3.0 should solve the problem. I wish I would have known before I renewed my subscription.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

fogwire , do you use POP3 to download your email ?

5. fogwire

Yes I do.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

First , sorry about my late response.

In case you use POP3 , you have no problems to use IMON scan your email even before EMON , even before it reaches your computer - on the Winsock level . As Blackspear has mentioned before , ESET have released a version of NOD32 without EMON . You are well protected by AMON and IMON :)

Do the following:

1) Open Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

2) Reboot when prompt

3) After restart , go to C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

Do not browse any site , any email or so because you temporary have no AV protection.

4) From Marcos' suggestion:
    5) Download ESET NOD32 v2.7 (special version without EMON)
    http://download1.eset.com/emon_27/ndntenst.exe

Install it . Use "Typical" install . Restart .

6) Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall. Then Update NOD32 !

7) Still do not run Outlook . Download this reg file here and Save it on your Desktop

8 ) Run the reg file and restart the computer

9) Try to run Outlook and report back the results

Good luck! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  7. fogwire

Thanks HiTech_Boy.
    I've completed the installation as you suggested and, after two days, there have been no problems. I wish all software had a forum this good.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are most welcome ! Applause for Blackspear and Marcos because what I wrote was already said by them :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.