OS Selector killed after every WinXP boot

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Heiko_Heider, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heiko_Heider

Heiko_Heider Registered Member

Hi,

I have a very strange problem mit OS Selector (that Comes with Disc Director 9).
    I have a Samsung X11 Notebook with 1 Disc. There was a preinstalled XP Pro on it.
    I splitted the partition into 3 Primary Partitions and 1 Logical Data Partition.

After that I installed a second copy of WinXP into the 2nd primary partition.

Now OS Selector can't find the preinstalled WinXP ANYMORE!!!
    The "Find Tool" in the OS Selector doesn't work, either.

In addition to that, every time that I boot up the 2nd copy I installed myself, OS selector disappears on the next reboot, that is OS Selector is no longer showing up.
    If I reactivate it with the CD-ROM, OS Selector appears for 1 time, but on the next boot of WinXP, OS Selector will be gone again.

What am I doing wrong?
    I'm absolutely out of ideas here!
    How can I get back my original Samsung installation (the files still seem to be on the first primary partitio, however).

Thanks,

Heiko

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Uninstall OSS. Make sure that boot.ini (which should become visible again) has entries to both of your XP installs.

Once it has, re-install OSS and all should then work.

Colin

3. Heiko_Heider

Heiko_Heider Registered Member

Hi. Thanks for your answer.
    OK, I'll give that a try.

By examining the partition structure with Disc Director, I discovery that there is a very small, first primary partition, that contains "WinXP Embedded".

It seems to be something for the Notebook feature called "AV Now", which plays DVD etc. without booting up the machine.
    I can't boot that anymore, however, as it gives me a NTLDR missing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.