OS Selector CD Boot Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Joshua, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshua

Joshua Guest

Need urgent response.

I have laptop with one ntfs partition and no os installed and one ext3 partition no OS installed (planed to install windows XP after installing OS Selector and after that to install Linux distro! Laptop has CD/DVD and no floppy.
    I booted Acronis Disk Director from boot CD and selected OS Selector to be installed. Everything went fine ads popup window reminded me not leave cd inside after reboot. I assumed the message was there because I don't want to boot from CD again.
    Unfortunatelly, after reboot I can only enter OS Selector menu and can't anything else. Can't boot from any CD , Linux live cd's, DOS boot , Win98, Windows XP, nothing!!! I tried all boot cd I could find on internet.
    I tried to do deactivation of OS Selector but it wont let me, I get message That the process can't continue because there is no OS present!!!
    I even turned of boot from Hard Disk in the bios, and left only CD booting, still nothing! I get message that it cant boot and that i should press a key.....

So, no OS, no floppy drive, can't boot from CD's (which I could before installing OSS.

Why can't I deactivate OSS even if I don't have any OS installed!!!
    My situation is unacceptable!

Need urgent help!

2. Joshua

Joshua Guest

And please no generic answers for god sake :(

If there is no solution please let me know so I could go and buy another laptop.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Joshua,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that OS Selector writes its bootable part into MBR on the current hard disk. You should still be able to boot from any bootable CD that you have. If it is impossible then the problem is probably related to the CD/DVD drive functionality.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.