Option to include Restore or Full Version

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mfabien, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

What is the point of including Restore or the Full Version on the backup location? (Tools>Options>Backup Options)

Could it be for a backup location on another computer which has an operational OS but does not have ATI? Under that scenario, if the source computer needing to be restored cannot boot, but remains powered up, will the restoration take place and, once restarted, be able to boot up?

Other than that, I failed to see how it could be useful. One should have an ATI rescue CD and/or a BartPE CD with ATI plugin.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mfabien,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

If I understood you correctly, you are talking about "Media components" (Tools -> Options -> Default Backup Options -> Media Components). In this case, please note that media components can be placed to removable media (CD or DVD discs) only. For example, when backing up to CD or DVD you can make this media bootable by writing to it additional components. Thus, you will not need a separate rescue disk. Please check chapter 6.3.9 "Media components" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

I have Media Components in Chapter 5.3.8

... 6.3.9 is Assigning a letter to a restored partition.

But I understand what you are saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.