"Operation Interrupted" error

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by jcklin, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcklin

jcklin Registered Member

Dec 13, 2009

I installed the Paragon Partition Manager 10 (Free Edition) today to split my 320G C drive into two. I left the program running for about an hour or so and came back to see the laptop to be seemingly "frozen". Thought I had to restart the laptop manually, did that, and now I'm seeing an error saying that the "operation" was "interrupted" and that I need to insert some sort of recovery media, which I don't have a copy of. Looking through the threads in this forum it seems like shutting down the computer was a bone-headed move...PPM 10 was probably still running. I'm pretty tech illiterate so I have no idea what I need to do to bypass this error message and load up Windows, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Some other info about my situation:
    -I have W Vista Home Premium 64 bit installed
    -the Vista OS came pre-installed, so I don't have an installation CD/DVD
    -I have an Acer Timeline 3810tz laptop
    -the laptop has to optical drive
    -I only have access to a Vista 32-bit laptop

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sep 6, 2009

I don't think you get recovery media ( bootable disc creator ) with the free Edititon.

You could d/l the free Backup and Recovery 10 - run off the boot disc from that and see if it will continue the operation.

You may be better getting the HDM9.5SE giveaway, which is still about - run off the boot disc from that, which is excellent.

On this thread, posts 11 and 12, http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=255846, Kron came across this:

Hope it helps
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.