opera autofill like what chrome has??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

maybe im blind but does opera 10.5+ offer this i dont want it to remember passwords but i want it to remember typed boxes like what chrome does.. any ideas? thanks

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

In Opera, if you right click in a text box you will see 2 functions at the top of the menu, Insert Personal, and Insert Note. I think this is what you may be referring to. I have not used Chrome so I am guessing here. Not sure how far back this capability goes but its def in 10.10 and later.

PS: I just took a look at the Tools Menu and I see Notes there. This is where you would go to create the note.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

what i want it to do is remember say my name and address from the last time i went to a site. or since we have like 6 yahoo emails with chrome i simply type the first letter of the email and i can then select it from the list then type my password in. i DONT want it to store the passwords just remember the inputed info in the boxes. this is one thing i hate and would make me use opera way more often. another example is here when i go to log in i type z and then select zfactor from the dropdown. then type the password.

4. bgoodman4

As far as I know the way to do this would be to do as I suggested above and create notes. Each note has its own name so it would be easy to identify the particular note for the particular function. Once the note is created you would right click in the text box and the note list will pop-up. Click on the note you want to use and the text will be pasted into the text box.

Its possible there is another way to do this so you might want to post on the Opera Forum. The folks there are very knowledgeable and helpful. If what you want to do is possible in a manner other than I have outlined they will tell you about it.

I hope this helps.

5. CGA

CGA Registered Member

Opera has in its infinitive wisdom decided not to implement this (supposedly a security risk!!!) There are a bunch of posts on their forum on this subject and it has been requested for years and years. This was one of the main reasons why I left opera a couple of years ago for FF, not so much for the function itself but Opera's blatant inability to listen to their users.
    There is a however a userjs that works rather well, try it and see if it works for you.

Edit: That was an old link, here is a better one, it's rumored to work with at least 10.51.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  6. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Haven't tried it as i don't use opera but how about the lastpass booklet?? The extension which works with Chrome and Firefox allows not only username and password filling but other web field info filling.

7. bgoodman4

I have not much experience with Chrome so I really don't have a clear idea of what it is you want Opera to do. At least its clear to me since I do not understand why my suggestion will not work for you. Could I trouble someone to clear this up for me. I would really like to see if we can figure out a work around. Perhaps there is a Widget that will help or possibly a macro could be created. How about a bit of brain storming on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.