OpenPandora review - Chapter one!

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Uh-oh, I put my grubby hands on a very cool piece of hardware! It's my pleasure to present this fairly long, thorough review of the OpenPandora gaming micro-computer, including physical design, specifications overview and peripheral connectivity, operating system capabilities, gaming capabilities, expected battery life, first use and initial impressions, look & feel, keyboard & gaming controls, stylus pen, touch screen sensitivity and usage, Wireless connectivity, Xfce, Minimenu and Android Cyanogenmod interfaces, software selection, quality of build, price, expectations, future testing, and much more. 'Tis a first part, and more is coming, so stay tuned. Now, do take a look.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/pandora-part-1.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

OpenPandora review, part two

I'm using the words long and thorough too often lately, but what can I do when I'm so bloody precise and meticulous. Anyhow, today we have the second-in-trilogy long, thorough review of OpenPandora gaming micro-computer, covering firmware update process, look & feel of the Xfce desktop environment, configurations, applications, multimedia playback - high-definition video, Flash, MP3, USB connectivity, software updates and package management via PNDStore, PNDManager and manually, multi-tasking, ease of use, ergonomics, small niggles like nub sensitivity, icons changing shape and a failed boot, other considerations, future testing, and more. Enjoy.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/pandora-part-2.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.