only for knowledge,were you been able to instal lion mountain on a pc

Discussion in 'hardware' started by mantra, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

only for knowledge , were you been to install lion montain 64bit on a pc?
    with a for example a nvidia video card or a slight different hard ware list

i mean install it on a hard disk /ssd

i'm not talking VMWare

thanks

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

3. How often did you see it? I mean once every boot or multiple times so that you can't have anything done?

4. pandlouk

It depends. Sometimes it works all day without a kernel panic and sometimes I'll get multiple panics in the same day.
    The most common are related to graphics drivers (Fermi Freeze issue) and to the cpu power management (related to AppleIntelCPUPM.kext).

Nothing very serious that 'll make you through it out of the window but it is annoying at times.

Panagiotis

5. I didn't know how would a MAC OS behave on Windows base machines and now I have some idea and thanks to you.
    My sister in law is far from techie and she used to ran on Windows XP and now she is on OS X Mountain Lion. It hasn't been a good experienced communicating with her i.e. send encrypted files and photos ect....
    One time I've caught she's been a video chat on the public Wi-Fi (She has no wireless internet at home but I saw her walking with the macbook air on her hands) with my kids and that did it I've got really upset.
    Ever since then I have not heard from her. I might want to try MAC OS on my PCs' so that I can be an assistance to her. Lovely. :rolleyes:

Best regards,
    Traverlerroute80

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  6. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Pannagiotis what do you mean it runs better under virutalbox and without a virtual machine?

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

He was using his Mac machines as VirtualBox hosts. Somehow, VirtualBox itself caused a few kernel panics, but otherwise no such errors. Then he tried a Hackintosh and experienced far more kernel panics.

I only have OS X experience as VirtualBox guests in Windows 7. It worked fine (even accepted my iCloud account), but lacked compatibility and performance. Not worthwhile unless you need Mac software and nothing else replaces it.

8. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    for example running aperture on a new pc with 32gb ram is pain ,isn't it?

thanks

9. pandlouk

You are welcome.

Panagiotis

10. pandlouk

J_L already answered; virtualbox host drivers caused kernel panics on my mac systems, but where fixed with an update
    You mean running OSX inside a virtual machine? If you have lots of patience you can do it but personally I would not bother, it is painfully slow.

Panagiotis

11. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi Panagiotis
    yesterday i played with a lenovo came win w8.1 pro bundle , a friend of mine wanted to do a test and installed osx montain lion , and it runs faster ,even some programs run very fast
    he doesn't use a virutal machine , he want to try maverick
    for kernel panics do you mean freeze solved only with an hard reset?
    it runs fine for hours

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  12. pandlouk

Hi mantra,

yes, they are solved only with a reboot
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3742

Panagiotis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.