Online scanner FP

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mick92z, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Hi, I have just used the eset online scanner, and would like to report a FP.It's the update.exe from Opendns

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\OpenDNS Updater\update.exe probably a variant of Win32/Veslorn.AB trojan

~ Snipped VirusTotal Link per Policy - A PM sent to an ESET Mod would have been sufficient ~

Merry xmas

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
  2. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

Hey, I just submitted a sample of the same to samples@eset.com

It was caught during a full scan of my system using scan within NOD32 (current beta 4.2.22.0). I'm also sure it's a FP.

Not having it doesn't seem to stop the updater from working, but it might be a problem if an update to the software becomes available from OpenDNS.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Some off topic posts removed. Read the Terms Of Service and if you don't agree with the terms for using these forums, find another forum to post in elsewhere.

4. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

Just got an update to the virus signature database (4717) and the file, update.exe, is no longer identified as infected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.