Online Armor on GAOTD

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chris1341, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

This could mean you have accidentally installed OA Free version, instead of the full (normally paid) version.

mike

2. thathagat

thathagat Guest

strange work around wat0114 but it worked..........thanks....

its 11.2 mb file mike i think its the full version but anyways it now works

3. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Hi Danny,

you sure about that? Dont both OA and winpatrol offer some sort of registry protection which could conflict? It would be nice if we could get someone from TallEmu to comment.:)

Oh and thanks for the info regarding OA and Avira.:thumb:

4. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Should all be fine :)

5. Steven Avery

Steven Avery Registered Member

Hi Folks,

Mike pointed out they all work fine, and I can confirm, a nice mix. WinPatrol is very lite on registry protection - although the plus may be a bit more real-time than the free, afaik it is only the startup keys. OA doesn't do a lot there either (not like RegDefend or MJ Registry Watcher). Anvir Task Manager has been interestingly proactive in that area of startup watching as well, sometimes impressively. That is not an OA function at all, afaik, at least not in the free which I have been using.

Excellently done, Mike and the others involved from OA. I went 2-year since you may need a spot of herb tea after all the work involved.

Shalom,
    Steven

6. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

mike - i've always praised your firewall and h.i.p.s. , i missed the license by an hour, this isn't fair man :oops:

7. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Thanks for the info Mike and Steve!

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I know this is off topic so point me to a different thread if this has already been talked about. I notice there is a download of OA that includes AV for registered users. Is this the version with integrated Kaspersky?

9. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

400 times :eek:

Very generous offer all round I have to say.I'll definitely be sticking this on one of my systems.:thumb:

10. andyman35

This is the standalone product no AV.Do they still have the Kaspersky integration since they brought out the A-Squared Anti-Malware bundle ?

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  11. Victek

Victek Registered Member

12. andyman35

13. subset

subset Registered Member

Online Armor Personal Firewall AV+ is the Online Armor Personal Firewall plus integrated Kaspersky AV Engine (On execution + On Demand Scan).
    But this version only works, if you have currently a valid license for this product.

Kaspersky Engine will be replaced with a2 Engine in near future and then it will be offered for sale again.

Cheers

14. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Ahh I see, I don't use Nod32 for web shield. So I can't help you.

Suggest you verify the technical facts at Nod32 support and / or at OA support.

I have used FF ad ons phish site checker so it is possible to use browser security features for web site verification.

15. waters

waters Registered Member

I never realised this was so good.I have just got the free version after uninstalling Outpost free.I wished i had tried this before because i would have downloaded the giveaway.I cant believe how good this looks and runs after Outpost,which for some reason never ran well on my system.
    Trouble is now i may have to buy it

16. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Ever since 3.5 came out there was a huge difference in performance for me on my Vista and Xp PC's. Much quicker and very good security. The RunSafer option alone is great. I have to say this deal was the best one on GAOTD. In fact I like this product so much I tell all my clients to purchase it. Great job Tall Emu and thank you for the offer.

Ice

17. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

From my perspective, that's not so bad :)

18. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I missed this, but would not have been ready to install that day anyway. Regardless, I installed a 30-day trial of Online Armor Personal Firewall last night. I am fairly well impressed so far.

19. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Good to hear you're impressed. I look forward to installing it myself when my license expires with ZAP.

According to Mike...

I really appreciate the Giveaway! :thumb:

20. chrome_sturmen

Happy to say that Online Armor is running completely smoothly here along with agnitum and eset server, not that I ever had a problem with any version of OA, paid or free. The free version itself is a very generous gift, much less offering a 1 year license for the paid version via gaotd. Mike, thanks for emailing me a license since i'd missed the gaotd, that was generous and is appreciated. Count on me for anything I can do in future to help out. By the by, have heard the women in Sydney are amongst the best around :thumb: :thumb:

21. Escalader

Do you have agnitum running real time with Online Armor or is it on a different PC? :doubt:

22. chrome_sturmen

Escalader, agnitum firewall is running with it's h.i.p.s. disabled, OA is running as my h.i.p.s. I've used agnitum firewall for years now and have it configured with alot of site rules etc, so it wouldn't be practical at this time to change firewalls, if it weren't for that I would use OA firewall component as well. But as for any conflicts between the 2, I have experienced none.

chrome

23. Escalader

Hi Chrome:

I understand what you are doing.

You have the agnitum FW with all your hard won rules as the basic FW and then decided to ad a HIPS to it avoiding the agnitum HIPS and opting instead for OA's HIPS.

FWIW I did a similar thing a few months ago only I used the PC Tools FW at that time instead. It all seemed to work.

The indication I got at that time was that OA was going to remove the ability to disable at install time to opt out of the FW or the HIPS to prevent this combo idea. Clearly they have not done that.

Wouldn't it be interesting to subject these combo's to public testing to see how they ranked?

Good luck with this!

24. ThE WiZ

ThE WiZ Registered Member

I also got OA in the GAOTD,I installed just to test for other forums and low and behold this a Gem !!I started with OA and Eset AV then went to Avira free and use(Avira,Online Armor & sandboxie) now this is a lite combo !!!Works great !!!!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  25. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

It sure is! These 3 security apps play nice with each other.

Ice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.