One Web Site very slow to load

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by hereditus, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Same here, site is loaded after approximately 2 minutes... Strange.. ESS on Vista Business /Internet Explorer 7/.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hi,

Well i can say that the last week/s have websites i visited loaded a bit slower overall, and for example the www.iii.co.uk loads in 20-30 SECONDS, wich is much slower than i am used to, so yes i agree ESS has a slowdown lately or at least the firewall.

I use WinXP 32bit, IE 7.0

SweX

3. reddice

reddice Registered Member

I have one. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com takes ages to load since I put ESET NOD32 version 3 on there. It been like this for a few days now. Try it and tell me if it takes ages to load. Also your website takes ages to load too. Still has not loaded after 2 minutes and I finally gave up and closed it. All other websites I visit load right away. I did a ping test on those sites and my pings are low so I know it is the anti-virus that is making it load slow. Weird how only these too sites are affected.

The thing is I am only using NOD32 and not the security suite so it has nothing to do with the firewall but the anti-virus. I miss going to CyberPower since that is the computer I own and I like checking the latest hardware on there. Using Vista Home Premium so maybe it is only Vista that is affected.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  4. s4u

s4u Registered Member

same here. Although they both are pretty heavy websites

5. reddice

But since I have a high speed cable connection they use to load in less that 10 seconds. Now CyberPower site takes longer than 5 minutes to completely load. I think it has to do with some kind of java-script and fields on those pages. It does it with both Firefox 2.0.0.9 and Internet Explorer 7. Newegg is a heavy site and it loads right away. It might be Vista and the Web protection in NOD32 that is causing it. On my mothers old computer with XP the sites load right away on the same internet connection so I think it has to do with Vista. It does not matter if I disable the protection, they still take ages to load. I am not uninstalling NOD32 v3 just to try it out to see if it is really NOD 32 v3 that is causing it but the OP tried that and the his site he visits loaded right away. Don't know if he is using Vista though.

6. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

your request was passed to the sales dept this morning.

Jon

7. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

no problems here. sure it doesnt load fast like google but it is still fast, 8 seconds with opera to load cyberpowerpc (with javascript enabled). using xp though... i dont think it makes such a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2007
  8. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

BT do throttle HTTP traffic during peak hours, have you tried the same site during offpeak hours?

9. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Just tried it using Avant and XP Pro, by the clock only took 2 seconds from clicking on the link and having full page. FYI:)

10. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

You know, I wonder whether some of these slow-load reports are just advertising.....

11. reddice

It is not hype. I have a few websites that refuse to load or load very slow. I do a ping test and it is low so the website is working. I see a pattern that only Vista is affected. On my mothers old computer running XP the sites load fine.

12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

NO it's not only Vista that is affected :(

I got XP and it loads slower here too.

Though it is not ONLY that site in post #1 www.iii.co.uk That loads slow its more sites than that one actually, Of my experience anyway.

SweX

13. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

funny, www.iii.co.uk loads slow for me too if i use nod32 v2.7. with the new v3 it loads fast. :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.