One-click restore with rescue disk?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cnk, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cnk

cnk Registered Member

I'm using ATI 9.0 (registered version.) I'm trying to create a rescue disk that will utilize the one-click feature, then add the .tib image to the CD using UltraISO. It's working fine except the one-click feature is not working. When my rescue disk boots and I choose my .tib file to restore, it continues asking me questions about the restore instead of doing it unattended.

Note, when I created the rescue disk I DID change the Options to include the one-click restore.

Anyone know why it's not working?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  2. cnk

cnk Registered Member

Anyone have an answer to this?

3. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

Try burning it directly to the DVD-rom using a dvd-burner.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello cnk,

As NumLock indicated, you will only be presented with the option to include the Acronis Media Components and One-Click Restore when imaging direct to removable media (i.e. CD/DVD).

Regards

Menorcaman

5. cnk

cnk Registered Member

Right, I am burning directly to a CD already and am choosing those options. Then I drop the .tib file on the CD with UltraISO. But, when I boot up with that CD and do a Restore, it still asks questions as if the one-click restore is not working.

Edit: I don't think I'm explaing what I'm trying to do. I want a bootable CD that boots the Acronis software. Once booted, I want to choose the .tib file from the CD and do a one-click restore. The only thing that's not working now is that the one-click feature is not working - it still asks lots of questions after I choose the .tib file. Thanks again.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello again cnk,

I'm not entirely sure but, from what you say, it seems you are creating an Acronis bootable rescue CD and then adding the image file to it via UltraIso. If that's the case then I'm afraid you will not achieve your objective.

As I indicated in my previous post, you need to create the backup image direct to CD or DVD. Assuming you are using TI 9.0 Build 3625 or later, you will then have the option (choose the Manual option just to be sure) to include the Acronis rescue Media Components and the One-Click Restore as part of the actual image creation task.

Be aware that using the One-Click restore feature will delete any partitions on the destination drive that are not included in the image being restored. Therefore, when creating the backup image it must be of the whole disk (tick the checkbox adjacent to the drive being imaged e.g. Disk 1), rather than of an individual partition or two.

Regards

Menorcaman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.