Once a king, always a king, but once a knight is enough

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by bellgamin, Oct 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

Is there any way that I can get File Checker to only check ONCE a dayo_O That is... on demand?

Understand my question please -- I am NOT asking for the program to be changed. Rather I am asking what *I* might possibly do -- as a work-around to achieve on-demand scanning -- within the PRESENT state oif the program.

If there IS a way to achieve this, please be aware that I have to pull my car over to the side of the road to honk the horn.

Ergo, the mere thought of doing techno-stuff like messing with the Windows registry causes intense constrictions in my nethermost sphincter.

Yes, I am aware that on-demand scanning is risky. However, my small, quite elderly computer simply cannot handle any more stuff running in the background. [Me & my computer have much in common.]

shaloha.......bellgamin
    ~~~~~
    TIP of the day: Never accept a drink from a urologist. :oops:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Unfortunately, FileChecker is built as a real-time scanner only - it does not store the checksum, or other data, of the files in its watch-list between runs (thus it would not work as an on-demand scanner).

That is actually a feature I am working on for the next version, so keep watching. :)

Regards,

-Javacool

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

Count on it! I will indeed haunt these premises.

Your program is superb. Thank you for your hard work, monitorship, and talent.

aloha........bellgamin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.