OK - now I have another problem Price!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dhh1213, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhh1213

dhh1213 Registered Member

This is the deal. I downloaded a trial version of Acronis 9.0 Home from ATI's website. The price was either $44.99 or $49.99 one or the other. Cant remember for sure.

Then, I find out I can get the very same thing at www.newegg.com for $29.99 plus free shipping. I will give you 3 guesses of what I am going to do.
    And here is a hint---- I will pay the lowest price!!!!! Surprise! Now what should I do. Test this software for another 13 days, and then say no. Only to be hounded for the rest of my life by Acronis who will be trying to get me to buy their product, contacting me by my legitimate e-mail address I gave thme, even though by then I will have purchased their product on Newegg.com Any suggestionso_O

2. tempuser

tempuser Registered Member

I have downloaded Acronis trial versions and not purchased them; I have NEVER been "hounded" by them.

3. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

There are numerours posters here that have bought from new egg. I'm not sure if they are a recognized retailer....others would know.......I don't ever recall hearing that the new egg buyers are being "hounded"........but if it makes you feel better give Acronis the extra $20 and you'll sleep better:eek: :eek: :eek:

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Don't worry about it. Buy from Newegg and then update to the current build at www.acronis.com. You'll have to give them your email to do the upgrades, so it's the same either way.

I've bought both ways and not been hounded by Acronis. I do get an occasional email about new products, but the emails are few and far between.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Actually, quite the opposite of being hounded, I've never had an email from Acronis except in rsponse to a specific tech support request. I haven't even gotten announcements of upgrades. I jsut check the website occassionally for those. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.