OK Lets talk some computer GAMING!!!!!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Firecat, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hey Guys,

Do you play computer games? If yes, which ones are you currently playing and what did you like most about it (them)?

I'm currently playing these:

1)Doom 3 - Scary stuff. Not meant for kids but I'm playing anyway...The realistic graphics make the horror 100x better. Play it at high detail...brrr. Not very powerful weapons (for the first few levels that is) and sometimes ammo is scarce.

2)Half-Life 2 - Pure fun. Excellent plot and nice team work at times (although the 'team' is normally only two to five guys). Nice weapons too.

3)Painkiller - Ultimate run-and-gun experience. Get into churches, gothic castles whatsoever, have a great weapon and start killing like there's no tomorrow. Really helps playing this game if your mood is off.

4)MotoGP - The best superbike series I've had so far. Gives an excellent physics and graphics engine.

Soon to come:

1)Vampire - The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    2)Far Cry

Can any of you give your opinion on these two games?

Regards,
    Firecat

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

/rant on
    When is this guy going to realise that this is a S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y forum not a G-A-M-I-N-G or a H-A-R-D-W-A-R-E forum :mad:
    /rant off

I currently tend to play online games like Counter Strike Source.

Jimbob

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Is this whats also also known as 'Brain-numbing-Waste-of-Timing-GAMING'??..... :D :D :D

Cochise, :cool:

4. Firecat

Now, what's the use of 10-forward if this was a Security forum huh? And why do we have a software, hardware and other services forum at Wilders'?

Just b'coz I want to talk about games and hardware does not mean that you guys should stop me from posting about the same. 10-Forward is for fun, and PC Games are for fun, therefore JB and Cochise, you have had no right to invade into my thread.

Just going to ask a mod whether its not allowed to post about games or hardware.

Regards,
    Firecat

EDIT:- My replies have come....Its VERY much alright to have this thread in Ten-Forward and post about PC Games and Hardware.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  5. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Dunno Jim

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

/Mod hat on
    You have got to be kidding me :mad:

Perhaps those that have not read the purpose of the Ten Forward Forum lately should cast their eyes upon them.

Ten Forward....a place to hang out, where (almost) anything goes except politics, religion and...

I'll ask both of you to slide me an IM if there are issues between you 2 that I can attempt to square away. This is not the first time you 2 young bucks have attempted to discredit\slam\whatever it is teenage young men do to rile the other....but I can assure it really needs to be the last time. We will as always kick back in Ten Forward and just like manyyyyy of the other off the wall threads posted here....PC Gaming is well with in the boundaries.
    /Mod hat off

I myself used to spend wayyyy to much time playing ALL the PC Doom Games....along with online gaming when Castle Wolfienstein came out. I was one heck of a medic :cool:

Carry on :ninja:

7. Firecat

Bubba,

You USED to play games? What happened now? :)

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Well....it's like this Firecat.

There I was on the Beach awaiting the game to start when all of a sudden they blew away our Engineer that was to blow the door open so we could enter the bunker area. I then did what every dedicated soldier would do....I switched to being an engineer and commenced to placing the dy-no-mite to blow the door. Having never played that position before....I wasn't aware you needed to move away a bit. Well....the next thing I knew....next thing I knew....next thing I knew....grrrr

Anyway....I got a purple heart and got the heck out of Dodge :cool:

Now how's that for some real Security Forum BS *puppy*

9. Firecat

Well...I'm sorry about that...you could have used the God Mode cheat y'know...in a last ditch effort to save yourself.

Maybe you should start again o_O

Regards,
    Firecat

10. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Bloodlines is GOOD - I played the earlier vapire game also. I've finished Bloodlines as a Nosferatu and also as a Tremere - haven't played the others yet. It has some decent replayability as different Vampire types, but only so much - game is great fun and graphics/immersion are definitely grade A.

Far Cry - I spent way too much on that one. I will admit that if your PC can handle it and you set environment to max it is very immersive on single player. The birds flying around, bugs buzzing past, frogs hopping away from your gunfire, fish swimming, etc - never seen effects/graphics/ragdoll physics done so well. I think it was a poo multiplayer - but I Like more realistic MP - this one you wear red or blue shirts and people run everywhere with semi-auto rocket launchers :rolleyes:

Right now I mostly play Operation Flashpoint with different mods (Fin, Nam, WW2, and y2k3) in cooper missions with come friends - i make the missions myself. Otherwise I play a lot of comp stomp Generals/Zero Hour with my buddies from across the sea. I have lots of other games, still playing a huge Medieval: Total War campaign as well.

In short, Far Cry is good just don't spend too much on it. Bloodines I recommend highly anyway - just don't get scared playing that one!

11. shooter500

shooter500 Guest

I am definitely not a hardcore gamer, but here's some games i'm currently playing

1. Return to Castle Wolfenstein- (Very good offline single player action. Maybe somewhat dated now, but I don't always go out and buy the latest games on the market.)

2. Halo- (Fun, but not too good for older systems.)

3. Republic Commando- (Very cool offline team based action. I like the StarWars games, but not all are that great. Jedi Knight 2 is also a great game.)

4. Mobile Forces- (Another somewhat dated game, but that doesn't bother me it's just way too fun. Great offline team based action similar to UT, but better IMO.)

I haven't tried HL2 yet, but heard it's somewhat of a short game, but still good. I might try it next.

Haven't tried Doom 3 either, is it a good one? Is it team based offline gameplay?

I like games that are similar to Unreal Tournament, by that I mean team based offline action. Single player offline can be cool too, depending on the game. I'm on dialup, so can't really play too much online.

12. WYBaugh

WYBaugh Registered Member

I love gaming...have been since the very first arcade games and my Atari 2600 way back in 1979! I have a 5 year old now and work and my side work of trying to write some decent freeware so gaming has taken a backseat somewhat.

I just purchased Silent Hunter III...amazing graphics and effects with the game. When you're surfaced the sub (and screen) pitches with the waves...will need my dramamine for this!!

Have been playing World of Warcraft but really lost interest after getting my paladin to level 42...seemed like way too much work after that.

I am waiting for World at War to come out...should hopefully be a good strategy game!

Bill

13. dog

dog Guest

Hey ... aren't there any gear heads here playing Gran Turismo 4? :ninja: ( I know it's a PS2 game ... but they're computers too. :p )

14. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I remember my first experience with gaming three year ago at my friends house...from that day till now was Need for Speed Underground 1 : the coolest thing I had ever seen...Half Life too has taken the lead now :D

at the moment the only time I am online is for gaming and some forums, but if I had more time I surely spend a bit less time on the computer :D on more on some other stuff :D Cause I had some complaints :D :)

Inf :ninja:

15. SSK

SSK Registered Member

HL1, Opposing Force and Blueshift
    HL2
    MOHAA, Spearhead and Breakthrough
    CoD, United Offensive
    Far Cry
    Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow
    Delta Force, DF2 and Land Warrior
    Soldier of Fortune, SF2
    688i Hunter Killer, Sub Command (wonder were SSK came from :D )
    C&C (all versions)

All of the above are favorites!

What is a sure sign you played to much WW2 games?
    You open up your curtains one morning and notice snow has fallen during the night...
    Next moment you're scanning the tree-line for German movement... And grapple frantically for the .50 call :ninja: :D

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  16. WYBaugh

WYBaugh Registered Member

17. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Alas, me and my favorites go back too far to have survived newer operating systems, like XP. Probably my two all-time favorites were Elder Scrolls/Arena and the Worlds of Xeen pair. Xeen ran quite nicely under 98SE, even in a window, and Arena was manageable with a reboot into DOS mode. But alas, all the version-compatibility settings in the world won't resurrect enough DOS to run either of them (or their installers, for that matter).

I was interested in the possibilities offered by Dos-Box (essentially a DOS emulator for later versions of Win), and there's great potential there if the developers would only make it more user-friendly.

18. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

that is soooo true, I just love those old dos games, I am looking now for an old one that I played when I was twelve but cannot find it anywhere :cool:

19. SSK

SSK Registered Member

...Worms, anyone :D

20. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I still play all of the delta force games and a couple of flight sims and the need for speed, several versions. And a couple of more once in a while when i have the time.

bigc

21. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i don't think they give purple hearts to cheaters! :mad:

22. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

23. Icewind

Icewind Registered Member

Let me just say this; Halo 2 lacks the quality of plot in which Halo: Combat Evolved had. It's okay, I guess, but the gameplay really lacks a change in storyline, and that becomes a bit tiring. :( Considering that Microsoft had planned the game for around July of 2003 and was then kicked back to late November last year... I would have thought that the game would be better.
    It's okay, but not what I call "Five star" gaming. :D

Anyway, I'm playing at the moment:

• Project Gotham Racing 2
    • Halo 2 :p
    • Final Fantasy X (still...)
    • Tekken 4
    • Rallisport Challenge
    • Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    • Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

I prefer to play older games now, and I don't buy as many because I think that i have WAY too many games as is. ;) I think that if I listed all of them, then you all would get tired of me raving on like some boring lecturer! :D

Davo. :)

24. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hey Bill,

Thanks! Yes, I saw it some time ago, but have no time at the moment to learn this new game. It IS on my to-obtain/to-do list though!

25. Firecat

Well I have over 50 games purchased over the last 4 and a half years...but I'm only currently playing the ones on the first post.

@shooter500: Doom 3 is an excellent game with about 20 hours of gameplay. However, sometimes it gets boring becuase you seem to get 'used' to the zombies creeping out from nowhere after playing the first two levels. Then you aren't afraid of them anymore.

However, the next level it surpirses you by putting in a whole new tactic, so its sorta like how the game picks up, gets a bit boring, picks up again and so on...

But overall its a great game (most websites gave it 4.5/5).

Regards,
    Firecat

EDIT:

@SSK:- Warcraft III's also a great game, unfortunately I only got to play the demo. I'm not that good at Strategy games so I dont buy those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.