Offline Mode

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by liquidguru, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liquidguru

liquidguru Registered Member

I have Eset Smart Security V3 (upgrading to v4 soon). I have had no problems at all with it, but recently I have moved to an extremely remote area (Fiji, on a yacht - I'm a dive instructor). I only rarely have an internet connection and would like to know if there is an easy way to stop Eset bombarding me with messages about my system being at risk and updates failing.

I have taken all scheduled update tasks out, but I just get messages telling me that my system is at risk. I want to keep the anti virus scanning agent on (I deal with a lot of jump drives and external drives) and therefore want to keep any messages that may inform me of viruses, but I want to turn off all updating until I have an internet connection and turn them on again.

Any ideas,

Thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello liquidguru,

Block your computer(s) from usage until you find a way to keep ESS updated. The only way to keep ESS updated is to have an internet connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.