Office 2007 - 5 minutes of glory .. not

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

I don't find Office 2007 slow at all, the component i use most is Outlook and it opens sub 1 second and likewise with Word, Excel and Powerpoint. This wasn't the case when it was first released, but SP1 and especially SP2 bought significant speed improvements.

The ribbon is excellent, learning where everything was took quite a while but overall navigating and using the tools is faster than the old 2003 UI. The ribbon UI isn't bloated as some have said, if you use the same controls in your own C# app the size it adds to the app is quite small.

Some of the advanced configs in 07 i'll admit are in really horrible and illogical places, luckily most these things you rarely need to touch.

Overall i find it a vast improvement over 2003, although i'm looking forward to threaded conversations and other new features in 2010.

You single click your folder, and type your query in the search box it doesn't get much easier than that.

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

And in this case, bashing.

I guess there are really people who derive pleasure from such immaturity...

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Pinga old chap! Why the 'quotes' ? Pay a visit to the website of your nemesis and you will realise very soon that the '...' are uncalled for and discourteous.

4. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Well, Mark and I share many views and passions so I wouldn't dream of calling him my nemesis. On this forum, he's my friend - and if a friend says something stupid I will gently alert him to that. Anyone who calls himself an expert deserves scrutiny if not laughter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.