Objects in quarantine - Send to ESET, and Logged as sent?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by HandsOff, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hi-

Over time a few items have accumulated in quarantine. Up until now I have not been too concerned that they may represent something "virulent" and so have been less than vigilant about sending copies to ESET for analysis. Recently this has changed, and I want to be sure that

1- ESET is being sent a copy of the file(s) in question

2- I am able to review what files were sent (So that I can go ahead and delete the quarantined files, knowing that the possibly malevolent files are being looked at, and being used to help protect NOD32 users, if in fact, the files are a threat to users of NOD32.

I realize these are probably simple options set up choices, and review of logs, however, I just want to be sure that I get this right since doing it wrongly could have some bad effects.

One last question:

If I do have a file currently in quarantine that I am concerned with, is there a simple way to send a copy of that (or all) of the files to ESET, regardless of whether the current settings are doing this automatically (as I would prefer). I don't care about getting a response about what is found out about the file. I realize that that would not be practical. I just would like to be able to verify (through logs?) that the files have been set.

Thanks for your support!

-HandsOff!

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Thanks for your quick response, and sorry about my slow one, but I am very grateful for you help!

Ready or not, here they come!

-HandsOff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.