OA Web Shield and Avast Web Shield?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by IceCube1010, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Hi Everyone

I was not sure were to post this question so I'll start here. Is the Web Shield in Online Armor the same functionality as Avast Web Shield. Do we need both?

Ice

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Might be best to pose this question in the Online Armor forum, here's the link: http://support.tallemu.com/vbforum/...:cool:

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

As it has been stated by a mod more then once. quit redirecting people. if you can help help but quit telling them go go elsewhere when they post here. also for all we know he could of posted there and not got the response he needed. :D

there is many OA user's on this forum I'm sure someone has the answer give this a day or so and check back. :D

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I understand this. Both this forum and OA are very helpful and often very fast to reply. I wasn't shooing him away or didn't intend too. I thought he might like to know they also have a forum for help. No harm done and the earth will keep spinning...:D

5. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

From what I know and understand.
    OA Web Shield: It does rule based scan of website and then places them in a security category , which accordingly controls the degree of access the components on the webpage are allowed.
    It seems to be applicable for webpages only.

Avast Web Shield: Its a HTTP scanning part of Avast. So here it will scan all data sent and received via HTTP including websites and any other data. It will check the HTTP data for known malware.

Both seem to be mutually exclusive. OA can protect from 0day web based threats while Avast can prevent any malware spreading via HTTP.

My advice, have both. If it slows downs your browsing too much, go for AVAST since it provides a broader blanket of coverage.

Hope I could help....

6. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

thank you for the replys. I was just curious. I have both on and they do not seem to slow anything down. I usually post here first, then I would post on the vendors forums. What I typically like about posting here is that you get a broader reply (non bias) response.

thanks again
    Ice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.