OA++'s AV Features vs A-Squared's

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by nineine, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineine

nineine Registered Member

Could somebody comment on how the Emsisoft/Ikarus Antivirus features in Online Armor++ compares to that of the feature set it has in A-squared antimalware? First of all does A-squared have heuristics detection? I know it has behavioral detection, signature detection, & background scanning. Is OA++'s AV just the signatures of the Emsisoft/Ikarus engine or is it all the asquared AM is? Thanks everyone.

2. subset

subset Registered Member

The a2 AV has a lot more features than the OA++ AV, like quarantine, removal, upload, scan report, command line scanner etc.

Yes, but this is off by default.

It is not the same as a2 AM, it is the a2 engine plus a few added features by Tall Emu, like ADS scan and scan for hidden files.

Cheers

3. nineine

nineine Registered Member

What is ADS scan? And by engine do you mean the engines signature detection?

Edit: This is a little off-topic but I figured I might as well ask here while im at it. Does OA++ protect the registry? I've been trying OA++ on my PC, and I have not seen any popups for 'ask status programs' that relate to registry keys. I have seen this in other security software before, so im just wondering if it has registry protection.

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

5. subset

subset Registered Member

Yes, the Malware detection is the same, but the programs are pretty different.
    Partly, focused on all sorts of autoruns, Internet Explorer add-ons etc.
    But strangewise it does not protect very basic system settings, like every program can disable the Task manager and OA is as quiet as a mouse.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.