OA Run Safer Compatible With Sandboxie?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by drhu22, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Are they redundant or would they conflict with or complement each other?

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Run safer is like drop my rights as sandboxie is.Its kinda redundant to use both and really dont see it providing stronger protection.It may or may not be compatible,but one way to find out is to try it.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

agree dave:thumb:

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I've read in the firewall forum that if a user has Vista/Windows 7 and UAC active that "run safer" is overlap.

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

they are certainly overlapping and redundant......would not conflict until both are used in the same browser at the same time.....I'd suggest keep using sbie and give run safer a rest....

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

or the other way around give sandboxie a rest and enjoy OA strong features and outbound and inbound protection plus file/registry protection;)

7. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I'll just comment that in all the years I ran OA and Sandboxie together I've never been aware of any issue...and on the Sandboxie forum, Tzuk, the creator/developer of Sandboxie stated that he was unaware of any conflicts with both being employed.

As always, YMMV.

8. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

There are currently a couple of issues on Win7 x 64 for me. Microsoft Publisher and Foxit Reader will not run sandboxed under OA protection. Exclude from OA and they work fine.

Also for me SBIE throws an error (SBIE2308 Could not create object directory: [11 / 5]) on close of IE9 if run safer is used due to lack of privileges.

Using both currently. This version of OA (5.5.0.1557) as well as being the best OA for some time has fewer issues with SBIE than previous but still one or 2 to need to be ironed out. Benefits of it outweigh a few minor conflicts IMO.

As for OP I use drop-rights or run safer, not both, but on Vista with UAC or Win 7 with UAC on max probably not needed at all.

Cheers

9. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

I updated my Adobe Flash on all of my browsers the other day ago and Sandboxie gave me a bunch of errors. I downgraded to Sandboxie 3.64 and it seems to be okay so far.

10. kupo

kupo Registered Member

You could try installing a build tzuk made here -http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12696&start=30&sid=65c63a0645b2ffb5003f5930747ef9f2.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

If you're sandboxing an app it does not needs to be in Run Safer mode. :rolleyes:

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

or the other way around if you are running an app run-safer you dont have to sandbox it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.