OA feedback

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LoneWolf, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I had Online Armor way back when. v1 it was.
    how is the new v2 ?
    Anyone running OA v2 AV+ and nothing else ?
    I know when v2 first came out anyone with a v1 lic could upgrade at no cost, is this still true or am I too late ?
    Been thinking of tring OA again.
    I hear the FW is excellent.

2. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

I just went back to OA myself, from version 1 to now OA2 but without the AV.
    I was using Vista and decided to go back to XP and the first thing I did was install OA.
    Everything worked except for getting updates, thats when I got a message telling me *subscription for OA updates has expired.*
    If you already have a license key and want to continue getting updates then you will have to renew the program which is what I did.
    Other than that minor detail everything is running great including the FW.

3. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

v2 is far and away superior to v1. When we released version 1, we promised that an updated version with firewall would be out within "3 months". Other work got in the way, and it took 12 months, and so our policy is simple - anyone with a v1 licence can get v2 at no cost because it's what we promised.

Updates, as pointed out by CJsDad still are chargeable, but as a v1 user you are entitled to use the base product for the money you originally paid us.

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I'm running OA AV+ on one of my toys and couldn't be more pleased. The improvements from version 1 to 2 are quite amazing. The firewall works great. You can update at no cost to whatever you ran previously Online Armor or OA+. I made the change or upgrade from Online Armor to OA AV+ and it only cost 20 bucks...not bad for a program as top notch as this eh? :eek: :D :thumb:

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Online Armor AV+ v2 is excellent compared to the earlier days, not saying it wasn't good then, but it is very much fully improved now. I just personally renewed my license this past week. By the way the Firewall is very good indeed.

dja2k

6. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i really like OA but i cant use it, i read have problems wiht AD-Muncher and that stop me from buy it, i cant live wiht out ad-muncher, i hope in the future will be any solution for this

7. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well that has been a problem for a while now, but others have learned that there are alternatives to ad-muncher. It is good to know that you will think of using Online Armor if that problem is resolved. :D

dja2k

8. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

dja2k-

If you dont mind can you give me some other alternatives to Ad-Muncher that will not conflict with OA 2?
    I dont mean something like a browser such as Firefox and Ad-Block but a program that will work on its own.

Thanks.

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I would like to test out OA v2 again but want an ad blocker too like admuncher.
    Which is what I have now and works great blocking pop ups and such.
    What would work well with OA v2 ?

10. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

What sites are you guys visiting? :D I have Adblock Plus enabled in Firefox plus some blacklists via Online Armor, I haven't seen one single pop up or ad anywhere. You can block ads and pop-ups to the extreme with a combination of a Host file plus a Blacklist, there is some overlap, but its beneficial. PM me some sites addresses that you are worried about Ads etc and let me try them out.

I know that Ad Muncher is real good at what it does and not saying there will be a complete alternative, but for the benefits of giving it up for something else, I would think about it.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.