Now that I have TDS up and running...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by RClarkofNC, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RClarkofNC

RClarkofNC Registered Member

Now that I have TDS up and running, is there a "getting started" FAQ somewhere that would get me up and running quickly until I have time to learn about all of the detailed options?  I've downloaded the latest Radius file and run a "full system scan".  Beyond that, I'm a bit lost at the moment.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The main things:
    Configuration under the TDS where you can check all the options for the most detailed scan at startup of TDS or you can if you want even have it startup with reboot (i don't, but that is personal choice)
    And of course you fill in your ISP and email account for warnings.
    One menu item below you see where you can edit the scan text files or even add new scans you would like to take place.
    The Radius update and installation of Exec Protection is possible once you're registered.
    The scan button you found already.
    In that, once you run XPPro you can check all the options you see there and worm detection on highest sensitivity.
    The sockets: i have activated them all (automated) even though i have a firewall but i like a double protection, just in case...
    In fact these are the first "quick start" items --hope btw your FullSystemScan turns out super clean.
    Now comes the reading of the helpfile in which you will find an amazing manual with so much background information, more then just one A4 with some config and good luck and thanks for trying our product or thing like that, no, you'll see a complete educational work there.
    Does this help for the first steps?
    Please ask for the next! All are invited to jump in please!

3. grey_ghost

grey_ghost Registered Member

Hi jooske and RClarkofNC,

Glad things worked out OK for you.

I'm reading the help file all the time there are a lot of tools and utilities and you need to spend some time getting familiar with them.
    I run TDS3 at Max protection also Wormguard with no problems.

I keep my system clean and up to date. :)

Regards

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Great you have WG at XPPro as well!
    I'm still on win98se and would not like to be a single moment without WG for sure!

5. RClarkofNC

RClarkofNC Registered Member

Thanks for the tips!  I did a full top-to-bottom scan and came out clean.   :)  I registered TDS this morning and should have my license key Monday or so.  See you in the private forum!

6. grey_ghost

grey_ghost Registered Member

Hi,

Glad to hear that things are going well.
    Be careful of SS3 it can become habit forming.  ;)

I'm still learning and enjoy working with TDS3.
    Really looking forward to ver 4.
    I'm behind a router and like to stick my head out once in a while and try new utilities and the plugins.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Glad to hear all is going well and very clean!

People always invent new tests and possibilities.
    Yeah.. the SS3 part.... hmm is there an addicts clinic in the build for those who rule their whole house and life from the TDS console? From waking you up and making your coffee to steering some equipe and sending emails, calling your local super market for delivery, automatically or voice controlled?
    It even brings operators closer worldwide. No, there is no dating service included yet, for registered operators only, but by all means don't hold back in case such a project has somebody's interest hmmm for privacy reasons that would be a project to be discussed in the private forum.
    It is a security tool, for sure, in every aspect, but TDS teaches us security can be a real enjoyment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.