Now I understand better.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by trjam, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Sorry this thread was closed. But now, after reading Ronjors link to what Marcos had to say, it makes total sense to me and I feel very comfortable with Eset. Every detection is not malware. Every detection does not deserve scrutiny. But knowing the "folks" at Eset are constantly looking at ciphering the crap from the deadly, makes me very secure with their product. Kudos to Marcos and the rest for staying on top of what counts instead of focusing on what doesn’t, like, err, a few do.:rolleyes:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

LDPinch is specific malware with many variants being created on a very frequent basis. The point is not to pick up a signature for a particular variant, but create a more sophisticated, so-called generic signature which will detect most of the future malware variants which, however, takes some time.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

totally understand now and appreciate all your hard work. Folks, this is the bandwagon, "Eset", to be on for the near and distant future. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.