Been using 8.0 build 774 since last month. I successfully created a full backup image last month on a USB 2.0 external hard drive. The full backup also verified correctly when I did a "check image". I then ran "incremental" backups once a week since then that also verified as good. This morning I ran a "defrag" on my C drive, deleted both the full backup and inc backups from the external disk. Ran another full backup that successfully completed (after I got the runtime error, cancelled and started over). When I tried to run "check image" on the new full backup, it fails about halfway thru and says the image is corrupt. I've deleted the full backup 3 times and tried it but always get the corrupt image message. Win XP SP2 I've been following threads on the forum about problems but just wondered if anyone has any other ideas about what to try next. Don't really understand why things worked so well then NADA. The external USB drive also checks out OK.