Notifications not arriving

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by vincenzo, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincenzo

vincenzo Registered Member

I am not receiving notifications at my Hotmail account, even though the thread I am posting in shows me as subscribed. Not in Junk Mail either.

My CP shows my correct email address.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Of the threads you are subscribed to, the last one that had a reply posted to it was the other thread that you replied to today...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=266239

On February 25th, 2010, at 12:05 PM (EST) "King Grub" made a reply to that thread and the forum emailed the notification to you at that time. We have a successful email log entry from hotmail saying they accepted that notification email.

Since you had not logged back into the forum since before the above reply was made, no other replies (the few made within the day after King Grub's reply in that same thread) would be sent to you. The forum only sends notifications for one reply per subscribed thread until you log back into the forum again. Your previous visit time prior to today was Feb 25 at the time of your first post to the "Symantec Insight.Suspicious" thread.

So basically, you only had one thread notification that qualified to be sent since Feb 25, and that one was sent successfully on that date. No other replies since then qualified for email notification.

Edit: And the notification for this reply was just sent and also successfully accepted by hotmail. If you don't receive this one either, then hotmail is dumping it.

3. vincenzo

vincenzo Registered Member

I just checked Hotmail Inbox and Deleted for that date, I did not receive it. I guess I'll just write it off as a Hotmail error. Thanks for explaining why the rest of them from that thread did not trigger notifications.

I did get notification for your reply just now.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.