Notification tags and Yahoo Email

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bsodcsi, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsodcsi

bsodcsi Registered Member

Hello all. I am a long time user of Eset and just love the product. I have been using Smart Security for awhile now and love the quickness and the ease of it all. I have noticed that in Thunderbird my email client I get Notification tags at the end of my email when I receive and send. This is just what I want to happen. Now comes Yahoo email that I use sometimes and my wife uses as her primary email on a different profile. For the life of me I can NOT get these notifications to show up in yahoo email. I currently use the classic email and it just won't show up. If it matters I have tried Yahoo email in Explorer, Chrome and Firefox and still no luck. Anyone have any idea how or if I can get this to work correctly. I have all my browsers in the email list in setup but still won't work.

Please let me know.
    Andy

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What version of Thunderbird do you use? Do you have writing notifications to email enabled? (it's enabled by default only for emails containg a threat). Read this KB article for detailed instructions.

3. bsodcsi

No you misunderstood. The notifications work wonderful in Thunderbird. I just want to get them to work in Yahoo email classic in both Firefox and Chrome browser. My wife and I also use this email account and the notifications are not there. I have read that article you listed and it does not apply to this issue. Am I the only one who has this problem?

4. Marcos

I assume that you receive email via http in Firefox and Chrome, right? In such case, the POP3 scanner cannot check the email as it's received via HTTP, not POP3.

5. bsodcsi

Yes I do believe the email is http since they are both viewed and written within the browser itself. Is there a workaround for this?

6. Marcos

No, you'd need to use one of the supported email clients to have such email scanned.

7. bsodcsi

Well any suggestions on a client that looks just like yahoo email and will give me this function. My wife is not a person who likes change so if I can make it look the same and give me this function then all will be right in the world. Oh and I am willing to pay for the client so it doesn't have to be free... lol

8. Marcos

A list of supported email clients can be found in the advanced setup (F5) -> Miscellaneous -> Email client integration (Windows Live Mail 2011 is not currently supported but its previous versions are).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.