Not test-Question

Discussion in 'Test Forum' started by Cosmo32, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

What is the trigger that makes a thread change from normal text title to Bold title text? Fully get the move from page x to page 1 of the thread business.

What does the small dark blue box w/down white arrow that gets inserted in the thread title. Yes, I do know that that sticky says, "Go to 1st thread". Was wondering how/why it gets there? Is this a visual trigger of a thread answer by some other forum member?
    Confused a bit..... o_O
    Thank you very much,
    Duncan

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

All of those elements are a sign that a new post has been made since the last time you read that thread, (or that it is a brand new thread you've never been in before).

The bolded title is a direct sign of something new "from your member account's perspective" - i.e. "new to you" (posted after the last time you were in that section or thread).

newpost-subforum-index.png

The down arrow (shown in image above) in the thread title is a hot link to take you to the first post in that thread that is un-read by you. If it's a brand new thread, then it brings you to the first post. If it's a thread you read before, but new posts have been made since then, that down arrow linked image takes you to the first new post (from your perspective) in that thread.

There's a similar symbol on the main index page. Notice the brighter white symbol is the front of the Test Forum, showing that your new post/thread in that section was "new for me".

newpost-index.png

If you enter into a thread that has unread posts and look at the top of it, the "View First Unread" link is the same thing as the down arrow from the thread listing page - again, it'll jump you to the first unread post in that thread.

newpost-thread.png

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.