Not Sure About Process Guard...

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by LJM Master, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJM Master

LJM Master Registered Member

Hi Every1!!

H, I haven't got, but i'm really interested in gettin' PG, but there's 1 thing from stoppin' me, on there website, it says u can only protect 1 process (Free version), does this still make Process Guard a vital an' beneficial piece of security protection??..coz I don't about u, but I wouldn't feel too secure, knowin' that PG only protects against 1 process....

Can sum1 pleaze enlighten me??....cheers

Thanks (Regards)
    LJM

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi LJM & welcome, The trial version includes Process Guard's checksum utility which on it's own is a very useful security tool. Basically it checks every .exe that is started, if for some reason that .exe is changed in any way you will be informed and asked if you wish to allow it to run or block etc.

Having one process in the protected list is basically so that you can test Process Guards compatibility with your particular set up.
    So selecting one of your security apps main processes and testing against it should show up any issues that your PC has with Process Guard.

Process Guard's logging abilities are also very useful

HTH Pill.

3. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

The licensed version allows you protect as many programs as you elect to install in it. The trial version is a teaser/test so you can make an evaluation and hopefully end up purchasing the licensed version. :eek: Which by the way works very well. ;)

4. LJM Master

Thank you both, for ure usefull pieces of info in Process Guard, bearin' in mind wot u said Pilli, do u still recommend me gettin' process Guard then?

Thanks
    LJM

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

LJM, It is one of the most powerful security apps out there with unique protection abilities. It would be the LAST security app I would remove given a choice. :)

Have fun!

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Have to totally agree. Since so many threats now are things you have to do like download and click on something, the neat thing about Process Guard is it also protects you from yourself. Even if you do download and try and run a nasty Process Guard is going to make it very hard for it to hurt you.

Pete

7. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Process Guard is great. :cool:
    It takes a little configuration, but then so does most every worthwile security app.
    Like everything else, it could use a little improvement here and there (the experimental close message handling being one). I have confidence that DCS will fix these minor issues.
    I think it is a powerful shield that can help defend us from the worst of the worst: rootkits.
    Try out the free version, but you will be buying it soon! :D

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  8. LJM Master

Hi, LJM here once again....

I've jus' gotten all ure replies, an' I'd just like to say thank you, for continuin' to help me, anyway....i'll be gettin' Procees Guard ASAP...cheers!!!

Thanks (Regards)
    LJM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.