not remembering settings?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zfactor, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if i turn off the splash screen (i hate splash screens) among a few other adjustments and when i reboot splash screen is re-checked as well as when i turn off webroot temporarily and turn it back on same thing happens. if i turn off a setting why does disabling protection temp. cause these to be reset??

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Check in your web console to be sure you have user configuration set (Home > PC Security > "click on your pc" > Security Setting > User Configuration).

3. fax

fax Registered Member

I often forget to "save" before moving on to other WSA tabs or going to the desktop. Are you sure when you do the change you remember to push on "save"? Another reason for possible reset on setting is if in your web console you have changed the "user configuration" settings.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I recall I had the similar issue with settings not being kept and it turned out that the trick was in saving of settings. There are two possibilities to change/save settings. The first is in general setting tab (radio buttons) and the second in advance settings (detailed settings). If you are changing settings in the advance settings you have to save them in this tab not in the general setting tab otherwise settings wouldn't be saved.

However I can't guarantee that the said will resolve your issue.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You may also want to try shutting down WSA from the tray icon after changing settings to ensure they're flushed.

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yeah seems okay now. i think what happened is i had a plus key installed and then out the complete key in and it prob reset everything and i didnt realize it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.