Not Just for Software

Discussion in 'EULAlyzer Forum' started by Synetech, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synetech

Synetech Registered Member

I thought I’d point out that EULAlyzer is not just good for software, but technically any license (or even legal documents for that matter). Recently I was reading some posts on the nodaddy.com forums and saw a recommendation for the registrar 1and1.com. To be safe, I ran the Terms and Conditions through EULAlyzer and was reassured that there was only a few mentions of “third-party”, and not in the normal bad context either. :)

I also ran the fine print from a page for a free magazine subscription. This one was not as nice (but not too bad either).

Thanks JavaCool. :thumb:

2. GlennFromIowa

GlennFromIowa Registered Member

I love EULAlyzer and just installed it on my daughter's new laptop. She doesn't read and doesn't care about the License Agreements, but with Auto-Save (and Auto-Submit, of course) at least I can go back and read them for software she has installed so if there's something objectionable, I can uninstall it.

I use it to store Terms of Service, Privacy Policies, even Registration Agreements for websites (like the one to Wilders Security Forums!). Maybe this should go on the enhancement thread, but it'd be nice to have a category or tag field for the stored EULA's. I didn't know you could change the name of the document until I was reading through another post on here, but there's definitely not enough room there unless you extremely abbreviated the categories. Maybe a category or tag would help with the online submission of agreements, so if I've got Auto-Submit on, but you don't care about Privacy Policies, you can just ignore them automatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.