Not able to mount: a problem?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bene, Nov 12, 2013.

1. bene

bene Registered Member

Back again :doubt: with a question. I hope not really a problem, but I would like to be sure. [FONT=&quot]I have a Sony Vaio [/FONT]Fit SVF-1521G1EW laptop with Windows 8.1, 64 bits and learning how to use [FONT=&quot]Paragon Backup & Recovery free (version 10.1.19.16240).[/FONT]

After I installed the upgrade to Windows 8.1 I could not make a backup with [FONT=&quot]Paragon Backup & Recovery [/FONT]from within the Windows environment anymore, if I didn’t use hot backup (error: stub library is not initialised). Therefore I made a backup of my system partition, starting with the recovery dvd (changed uefi to legacy in the boot menu and afterwards I set it back). Seems to have gone well, but I can not mount this archive. I read in this forum about greyed out archives and so on, but that seems not to be the problem. It is not greyed out and deleting the archive from the database and add it again does not help. I do not get an error, there is just nothing happening anymore after asking for the drive letter for the mounted media. I tried two times making a backup on different external media (USB-stick and External Hard Disk) and both archives have the same problem: they can not be mounted. And I also have trouble making the archives visible trying to find it with the restore wizard after starting with the recovery dvd. At first the archive was not visible throught the restore wizard, but later, after browsing several times through the disks and restarting, it was visible. Another difference with the older images (before 8.1), which can be mounted, is that the new images not show the flag “system archive” in the archive view.

Although archive integrity tested fine and I can look into the archive using file view in the restore wizard, I am wondering if this could mean I will have problems if I want to restore my system partition.

Does anyone have an idea? Many thanks again.

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Paragon Software does not yet support Windows 8.1

3. bene

bene Registered Member

Ai, I thought it was working since the end of October.
    Then I'll have to wait of course.
    Thank you for letting me know.

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

The next version of the hard disk Manager series should be released any day now which will support the 8.1 operating system.

5. bene

bene Registered Member

Great! Nice and fast! :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.