NoSpamToday and Nod32 V2.7

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mwh65, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mwh65

Mwh65 Registered Member

We have a program running on our SBS 2003 Server called NoSpamToday which as you may of guessed checks emails for Spam/RBL and if so configured viruses.

The Eset command line scanner is invoked via NoSpamToday using the following options ...

/all /mailbox+ /arch+ /scanboot- /scanmbr- /scanmem- /selfcheck- /sound- /quit+ /log=%ERR% %IN%

This seems to work very well but occasionally it lets viruses/trojans through. However once it reaches the clients Outlook it is duly Quarantined as it should of been via the Server's NoSpamToday

The email in question had an attachment which was another email which had an attached ZIP file. This ZIP file contained an executable (exe) which in itself was a trojan.

My question is does the above command line options used by the NoSpamToday scan deep enough into the email or are there further options that need to be added.

To clarify I also posted this on the NoSpamToday forums and they told me to contact Eset for further command line options.

2. sparx

sparx Registered Member

Command line switches can be found on page 30 of the manual (http://www.eset.com/download/ESET_EAV_User_Guide_EN.pdf)

If it is a setting within the ESET ecls.exe that is limiting this and not a limitation within NoSpamToday, I would try the /max‑archive‑level = LEVEL switch and see if that helps.

3. Mwh65

Mwh65 Registered Member

I thought the /max‑archive‑level option defaulted to 0 (unlimited) hence ignored it. I will however try and set it to say 10 later on my return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.