Norton Vista UAC Tool ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Anyone else have an issue where Norton's Vista UAC Tool just disappears? It was working fine the other day and yesterday I go to run Ccleaner and I get a UAC pop up. Then I notice I get a UAC pop up for everything I try and when I search for the Norton tool it cannot be found on my system. So I had to install again.

Being this is a beta program does it just expire and remove itself after a certain amount of time?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Over the last few months of use, I have had no problems as yet with Nortons UAC. Even after using CC daily.

There is no time limit on this version but it may apparently appear incorporated into one of Norton's other product lines rather than stay as a standalone. So enjoy for now.

3. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Same here, it's been working fine for months.

4. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

CCleaner broke a lot of shortcuts, file associations, etc. for me. Best to uninstall UAC and reinstall, and dump CCleaner.

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

On Vista64 Norton's UAC tool sometimes forgets all settings after a Vista update. I have never noticed it disappear. Also using CCcleaner on Vista64

Cheers

6. TechOutsider

CCleaner sucks. I used it today and for the third time, Norton did not launch after logging in; a quick check in MSConfig showed that there was no Norton startup entry -.- CCleaner again.

7. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well tech u seem to be the only person i know experiencing something like this, but ive been using CCleaner for couple years now and not a single problem to date.

8. TechOutsider

CCleaner is the only program of its kind I use, so I can isolate the problem to it. Now, I mainly use it to clean cookies.

9. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Using Norton UAC tool and CCleaner and both working happily together. Norton tool reprompted me again today after I downloaded new version of CCleaner.

Not sure how people are using CCleaner but seems fine for me.

10. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I've been using ccleaner with norton vista uac tool and CIS and have zero problems to date. (Vista Home 32 sp1). I would suggest uninstalling ccleaner and Nortons UAC. Then install ccleaner and then norton uac.

Happy New Year Everyone!
    Ice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.