Norton 2011 released (early releases only - see new thread)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 3GUSER, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Re: Norton 2011 released

As a matter of fact the agent I communited with seemed very smart . He knew what he was talking about . Perhaps they are just told to deny that the product has "leaked".

2. Dave53

Dave53 Registered Member

I noticed the same thing on the last beta and the release version. It really slowed down my netbook and an older laptop. My dual core desktop didn't seem to have much of a problem.

I just wanted you to know that it's not just you. :)

Dave

3. busride

busride Registered Member

After installing this 2011 final, the LiveUpdate installs a 80MB update? That's shocking! They should have just made a new installer. Imagine if you handle a number of computers or you're reinstalling OS, your gonna be pressing the update and waiting all day...

4. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

This is only for new (clean) install and the goal is to download the full set of defintions + all other necessary . It happens once only and only if it is a new clean install. It is not necessary for the majority of people to press the update button because the product will auto update when it finds necessary.

Dial-up users will wait "all day" but they are really minority of users . Here in my part of Europe during the day I get 28-30 megabits per second speed (for just 10 euro per month). Getting something to eat is more expensive.

I download from Symantec live update servers with this this speed (at that moment)
    Capture.PNG and it takes just a few seconds to get the updates.

I know there are many users with slower speedt but still it doesn't take whole day and it is done just once.
    Note that dial-up users with limited access to the Internet are not that vulnerable to today's threats . Products like Norton rely on the Internet to fully protect given workstation (cloud technologies , pulse updates every 5-15 minutes , etc)

5. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

I use the NIS 2011, end this is perfect, very light and efficient. I liked the Norton IPS and the amount of settings. :thumb:

6. busride

Who wants to know some exciting yet disappointing news about the 2011 versions?

7. busride

URGENT ATTENTION!

donizme has released some key info on the release date of Norton Internet Security 2011 and Norton Antivirus 2011:

For the US:

Norton Internet Security 2011 will be released in the US on: 27 September 2010.

Norton AntiVirus 2011 will be released in the US on: 27th September 2010.

For the UK:

Norton Internet Security 2011 will be released in the UK on: 30 September 2010.

Norton AntiVirus 2011 will be released in the UK on: 30th September 2010

donizme can check other countries but says he can't be bothered! so the question remains: can anyone wait until at least the 27th for an official english version? or are you gonna crack and get the leaks? hehehe.

Edit: These release dates are for the retail release and on the Website of Symantec, I know that the leaks are already available but some people here were saying they're waiting for the official release so this post is mainly for them.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

the version out now is the final one with the first update dont worry about it. they are prob talking about the retail releases..

9. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

10. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

11. busride

Dudes I know the release dates I posted are for the retail final, if you read more closely at the end of my previous post, you can clearly see me talking about getting the final leak so I'm of course aware of them...

12. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

-http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton-AntiVirus-2011-Update-is-Now/td-p/278759-

As you can see, the 2011 versions are officially released, for current subscribers.

They can be downloaded as full official installers.

-http://www.norton.com/nis11-

-http://www.norton.com/nav11-

Nothing "leaky" about it - Norton 2011 has been released. It's not for sale for new users yet, but users of previous versions can get them now.

13. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

No controversy for me. I just followed up on 3GUSER's post #174 last night, 8/31/10, and updated my 5 machines through the official channel (did trial version on one machine earlier per King Grub's earlier post). So, from my perspective, this is now old news. I guess (per zfactor) it's only the resellers held up at the moment?

14. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

It is being sold in Japan http://www.symantec.com/ja/jp/norton/internet-security as I posted in the very first post of this thread . Japanese boxes are ready as well as marketing campaign.

It is not a problem for resellers because version 2010 boxes are available and will be available until they are sold . One can pick-up the product key of 2010 or even earlier version and use with v2011 . Update from updatecenter or direct download of the installer

15. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Understood. I only meant I understood that resellers don't have 2011 in the box yet - no restriction at all really. I bought 6 keys a week ago and will use them when the current keys run out in mid-September - the keys haven't been version restricted for as long as I can recall.

16. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Isn't it great.. to be able to upgrade to a brand new product for free. There are actually still some products that make you buy a new key for a new version.. how are these productions even competitive.

17. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I agree this is a major plus for Norton products. Not only can you update from a previous version, you can also use a license key from earlier versions of the same product as far back as 2007.

18. begemot64

begemot64 Registered Member

19. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

20. begemot64

begemot64 Registered Member

No idea...

21. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Hate those "mute" videos, on top of that some russian did it, so I have no idea what's the conclusion :)

22. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Same here; I don't know if I'm unusually slow or not, but I have a real hard time grasping what's happening when it's silent. :D Not to mention what the conclusion is.

23. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

lol,, same here

they normally dont have any conclusion and such amateur test shouldnt be trusted much

24. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

waste of time

25. TomiRed

TomiRed Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.