"Non-system disk" Full Recovery error message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dolfin the Mammal, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolfin the Mammal

Dolfin the Mammal Registered Member

Hello,
    Has any one encountered this error message after performing a "Full Disk Recovery" from a backup: "Non-system disk, press any key" ? The computer successfully boots up to a valid backup upon pressing any key. Any solutions to fixing this error message at boot up? I am using True Image 9 and the back up was made from a external USB HD.

UPDATE: I ran the repair option, booting to the Win2000 disk. I get a message that the hdd is corrupted and cannot be repaired. This sounds incorrect, as my system successfully boots and runs after I press "any key". Also, Western Dig diagnostics Utility tells me the disk is fine. NEW INFORMATION: The disk boots up without "Non-system disk" error message if I leave the Win 2000 Emergency Disk floppy in its drive. I assume that, now, the computer is booting through the floppy. One other factor is that it is possible that the problem has something to do with my motherboard. It is not able to read any slave drive on EIDE 1. This problem started, I believe, upon the original hdd corrupting and necessitating my full recovery from my ubs backup. My first priority has been to solve my system hdd issue first before considering if I have to replace my motherboard.
    The only thread that I could find, concerning "Non system disk" error message, mentioned that, perhaps, I did not mark that I wanted my recovery to make my new partition "bootable. I verified that Acronis recognizes my hdd as bootable (yellow color). I went through the recovery process again and checked the box "MBR and Track 0" just to make sure. That action did not fix the problem.

Thank you for your response,

Dolfin

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Please enter your BIOS and look for the boot sequence.

Is it in the right order?

3. Dolfin the Mammal

Mr Morse,

Thank you for your response. My boot order is fine...CD ROM, HD 0, ect... That setting worked before full recovery. It should work now, I believe. Could my recovered HD somehow have lost some of its' boot files and therefore produced that error message? Any suggestions?

Dolfin

4. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

- Is the USB device disconnected?
    - Is HD0 in the bios the right hdd?

5. Dolfin the Mammal

USB device is disconnected. HD 0 is correct device as per Administrative Tools in Control Panel (Windows 2000).

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dolfin the Mammal and MrMorse,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Dolfin the Mammal, we can diagnose the hard drive.

Please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report and send it to us. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip).

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please submit a request to Acronis Customer Service Department here or use our Live Chat service here in order to receive immediate support.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.