Non-native Profile Manager for Firefox Causes SpywareBlaster To Miss

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JYousey, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JYousey

JYousey Registered Member

Hi, I use a program for multiple versions of Firefox called "Profile Manager". It changes the location of Firefox's profile in "Document & Settings"> "Administrator">"Application Data">"Mozilla">"Firefox"....etc.....TO: "Document & Settings"> "Administrator">"Application Data"> "Mozilla">"ProfileManager:>"Profiles"...etc.

Apparently, moving the positions described above causes SpywareBlaster to be unable to find Firefox & just wanted TPTB to be aware of this issue. Don't know how to overcome the problem on my own.

Thanks for any input in advance!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Depending on how it works, it may be possible to add native support in future releases of SpywareBlaster. (Do you have a link to the ProfileManager tool?)

For the time being, it is possible to manually configure things so SpywareBlaster can detect your (relocated) Firefox profiles.

SpywareBlaster looks for a "profiles.ini" file in the normal Firefox profile location. On your system, this would be:
    C:\Documents & Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
    (i.e. There should be a "profiles.ini" file at that location.)

I'd have to check and see how ProfileManager works, but if it maintains the normal Firefox profile structure, it should be possible to just edit the profiles.ini file (in the folder above) to point to the new profile location(s).

As an example, a profiles.ini file can contain multiple "[Profile#]" sections. Each section has a few details. If you want to create a Profile section that points to a non-standard profile location, you could use the following snippet as a guide:

Code:
    [Profile0]
    Name=profilename
    IsRelative=0
    Path=C:/Documents & Settings/Administrator/Application Data/Mozilla/ProfileManager/Profiles/profilefoldername
    NOTE: If you decide to try editing your profiles.ini file, please back-up the current version first.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. JYousey

JYousey Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.