Non-free Internet Security Suites

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Howard Kaikow, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s now going to be a lot OT( excuse from Howard Kaikow and mods), I will just ask a last Q from bigC. So do u know about OEM hardware as well? Exactly same rules apply there? Thanks.

2. fred128

fred128 Registered Member

This is really wild stuff. Do you mean that they can throw a piece of broken hardware into the package and it's legal to sell it as long as the software isn't a pirated copy?

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

To be legal you do have to include some sort of hardware. but like I said even a usb cable qualifies concerning OEM sales.

4. bigc73542

I have never included broken hardware and have never seen it done when to be legal all you have to do is include a very inexpensive piece of hardware

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks for the info.

6. bigc73542

7. gevin

gevin Registered Member

is there any Free Internet Security Suites, other than you mix and match form defferent source, make you own suite? o_O

i want that suite too!

8. DaveD

DaveD Guest

I went to my local computer shop in Ontario, Canada about a month ago to purchase an OEM copy of Windows XP Home Edition. I was able to purchase it without any hardware. I was told that "Microsoft no longer requires PC hardware to be purchased along with an OEM copy of Windows XP". However, this likely does not apply to Vista. They told me, basically, that Microsoft changed the rules for Windows XP relating to OEM licencing.

Sorry for this being off-topic, seems to be a trend with this thread anyways.

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

10. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.