NOD32 with AVG malware app?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by spookn, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spookn

spookn Registered Member

Is it OK to run the AVG anti-malware togeather? I also run the AVG anti-spyware.

thanks in advance
    B

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I have them both running on the same machine with no problems thus far.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Well some people argue that running 2 antivirus apps together can cause trouble. Also avg antimalware already has the antispyware engine built into it so i'd say you don't need to run avg anti spyware as well.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

AVG Anti-Malware is combination antivirus and anti-spyware, so I would tell you to choose between:

AVG Anti-Malware or NOD32 + AVG Anti-Spyware

As farmerlee has said two antivirus realtime is a no-no and you wont need AVG Anti-spyware if you get AVG Anti-Malware.

5. ultragunnerdcl

ultragunnerdcl Registered Member

I tried A trial of AVG Antispyware before & it works fine. But I switch to A-squared Anti mallware becuase to me it has better real time defense. It uses
    mallware-IDS(intrusion detection systems) its method of detection is called detection of suspicious file (detecting yet unknown malware by the method of informing the user about suspicious characteristics of a sample under analysis. In short (Suspicious File Detection). Different from heuristic detection (detecting yet unknown malware by the method of emulation / code analysis / Ex. Nod32.
    It complements nod32 heuretics becuase it uses another detection method so absolutely no conflict.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.