NOD32 will no longer update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by biggerbyte, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggerbyte

biggerbyte Registered Member

I downloaded the trial version of 2.7. It was downloading the updates just fine, then suddenly yesteday it stopped doing so. Every time I check for updates it says there is not one, but eset.com under support says otherwise.
    Last night I changed servers from automatic to u30.eset.com and it did allow me to get ver. 2764, but tonight there is yet another update to 2766 that I can not get no matter what I try.

Anyone?

2. biggerbyte

You know, this software company is going to the dogs. 2.7 will not update. I go to eset.com and see that 2.7 is not even listed anymore. I then read about how much many folks hate 3.0, but I try to download the trial for it anyway. I get the email notification, click on the link and go off to the eset site for download only to find that it does not load the "button" to get the file in I.E. 7, or Firefox. I then try Opera and see the button, but clicking on it sends me back to eset.com.

VERY IRRITATING AT BEST. I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING UNTIL I'VE HAD TIME TO FULLY TEST A TRIAL VERSION.

3. biggerbyte

You know, some of you people are amazing. Just because a subject has already been covered in another thread, does not mean this one does not deserve attention. I tried to find other threads for 2.7 and updates not working and found nothing for some reason. It would have been nice for someone to point the thread(s) out to me instead of ignoring my pleas for help. Just another reason to not purchase NOD 32. If this is the type of assistance we get, you can forget it. I'll spread the word around. No software if viable without good tech support and communication. ESET will not even reply to their emails in many, many cases.

4. kofi

kofi Registered Member

You could get much more attention if you said "GREAT ESET....FINE PRODUCT ETC"......
    I am also very upset with Eset for my reasons (see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=194717 ). I have no answer from Eset yet).

I have downgraded to v2, which works fine for me. I get updates everyday from Eset (both modules and signatures). So don't worry. Version 3 is full of problems, so they have to support v2. The reason that you do not get updates in a regular basis is probably because Eset pushes the updates first to it's customers and then to the trial versions....

5. old_navy

old_navy Registered Member

I got last updates 01/04/2008 10:45 pm automatically. Version database 2766. No problem.
    NOD32 v.2.7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.