nod32 vs bit defender

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by veez, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veez

veez Registered Member

According to an anti virus review site, ~ Link removed. Rogue site~ Ron

Nod32 does not have "P2P/file sharing protection" whereas Bit Defender does,

Also Bit Defender has "Registry Startup Protection" whereas Nod32 doesnt,

I am new to both programs and need some kindly advice from those who have used both programs

Please reply , thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2006
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 doesn't have separate P2P/file sharing protection but it has AMON - the antivirus monitor , which scans all files on create , on access and on execute , in other words - everything possible .

NOD32 is extremely fast and reliable so it will kill the malware before it touches the registry

More info about NOD32 :
    www.eset.com

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I have licenses for both NOD32 and BitDefender. Both are quite good AVs.

- NOD32 has IMON but BitDefender does not have a substitute
    - BitDefender allows you to select separate actions for signature detections and heuristic detections, something I really appreciate.
    - NOD32's heuristics are better than BitDefender's, though BD's B-HAVE heuristics engine is not bad.
    - BitDefender costs less than NOD32
    - Both are light on my system, though NOD32 is lighter.
    - BitDefender's updates are bigger than NOD32, and BitDefender updates hourly
    - BitDefender is generally incompatible with third-party Anti-Spyware, Anti-Trojan software.
    - BitDefender has registry protection, which is useful for detecting new/undetected malware. But NOD32 does not yet have such a thing.

So based on that, I would say both are good products, though I'd give NOD32 the edge for general users. More advanced users can use any one - both are excellent products. :)

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 has something called advanced heuristic so these two above are unnecessary when the malware will be stopped before touching the registry or even before any definitions created :D

[MOVE]:thumb: NOD32[/MOVE]

5. .....

..... Registered Member

So AH detects every file that is registered to autostart? Naaa...
    AH detects 100% of malware? Naaa...

Bitdefender has GOOD heuristics AND the additional protection.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But NOD32 has clever and smart users behind it ! :D
    BitDefender can't say this about it:cool: :cool: :cool:

7. .....

..... Registered Member

Please don't post rubbish and flawed claims you will never be able to backup, thanks ;)

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am talking about myself, I am NOD32 user :D :D :D ;) but I promose to you I will never say the truth again because "I can't prove it" :)

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Lol, of course, NOD32 AH saves the day for everyone every day. I wish it would be that good. But it isn't. Get real ppl, NOD32 AH is good but not almighty. :rolleyes:

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is .

It is isn't obvious (but I believe you) ;)

Nothing can guarantee 100% success and that's why I was talking about the "clever" users who can only guarantee themselves 100% success when think in real-time :)

11. .....

..... Registered Member

I think we can come to the conclusion that:
    Both scanners are of a high quality.
    NOD32's heuristics are slightly better than Bitdefenders
    Bitdefender has registry protection, NOD32 has an HTTP monitor/ URL blocking
    Nothing has 100% detection (well there is... but lots of popups etc...)

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Accepted and agreed :thumb: :)

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Numerous posts removed all of which pertained to screenshots posted and literally thousands of screenshots that could be posted.

This thread if it is to be continued will not head in the direction of a contest. Let's Please simply assist the thread starter with their inquiry and keep the mine is bigger than your's rhetoric for some forum other than Wilders.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

NOD32 is lighter, more faster, have a better detection, and doesn't have all the incompatibilities like BitDefender, so I think that you understood my message... ;)

15. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

My own experience is that both are excellent AVs. The biggest disadvantage of BD is its lack of compatibility on some machines with other anti-malware applications.

If it runs well on your system it is very good. It is less expensive, and the tech support folks respond quickly.
    Having said that, my own preference is NOD.

Jerry

16. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Both NOD32 and BitDefender are great AVs. So I think you'll be well protected no matter which way you chose to go. Here are the facts.

1. Both are great for different reasons
    2. BD has registry protection that NOD does not
    3. NOD has better hueristics
    4. BD has more definitions
    5. BD is cheaper, unless you use student discount with NOD
    6. You can use BD on more than one system
    6. The 'look and feel' are important. As the user, you have to get the product that you feel most comfortable with. Find out as muxh as you can on version 3 of NOD, after all when it's released you're be using that and not 2.5. Are you going to feel comfortable with v3?

17. Soliman

Soliman Registered Member

First of all I am sorry if my English isnt perfect because I am Spanish.
    I have used both products and, according to AV-comparatives and independent antivirus software analyst Nod32 reached the Advanced + certification but Bit Defender only has the advanced one with 4.81% less detection than Nod 32 antivirus system. Probably Nod 32 has less signature database despite, it has a higher detection of “in the wild samples” and its threat sense engine makes Nod 32 the best product to choose. Also, Nod 32 engineers provide their users generic heuristic protection when a dangerous malware is detected to forestall future infections by modifications of that malware.
    Nod 32 has also a registry of risk applications that could help you remind all recent attacks to your computer and it is light and fast.
    Personally I like the configuration options of Nod 32 because is the clearest I have found and you can adapt this programme to your preferences. In conclusion, Nod 32 combines performance and quench the desire of any expert user for extreme rate detection as its awards demonstrate. Bad points I see in this product could be its quarantine, it hasnt got a behaviour blocker since, it would require much more resources so its excusable, and, the last thing, is the incompatibility of its IMON monitor with different Internet navigators when it is running at its maximum quality.
    For a “complete” protection I would recommend Nod 32 as resident and doing a Kaspersky online scanner from time to time.

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

HiTech_Boy, stop living in a dream and step on a solid ground. NOD32 AH is not almighty. Saying you don't need registry control just because you have oh and so heuristics is total bullshit.

Regarding that P2P thingie it's not really related to anything. It's just a part of file scanner. Maybe they monitor files created by P2P processes, but that wouldn't help that much anyway.

19. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I agree nod32 is great but its not invincible. recently kaspersky have added proactive defence to there great av. but i think kaspersky asks to many questions and since kaspersky and nod32 are about the same detection rate doesnt really matter which one. bitdefender is good but i dont like the intereface that much plus scanning is so slow.

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

KAV doesn't ask any questions if you use Basic mode (which is enough and is core behavior blocker).

21. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

One trolling\provoking post removed.

22. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Veez, they're both excellent programs. I hold a current license for each of them (as well as numerous others, I'm wacky that way :D). Whenever a blank vs. blank thread gets started, everyone and their brother chimes in and a troll fest ensues. If you're in the market for an AV, you've come to the right place to find good info. Actually, you may want to consider several other truly high quality programs. Read through this forum and see which programs have served people well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.